Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Membership in this Fraternity is a solemn commitment. To this Fraternity, the maker of the commitment becomes synonymous with the commitment itself. Membership is a lifelong dedication to the ideals and lofty purposes of Kappa Alpha Psi, which considers for membership only those aspirants whose personal, social and academic qualifications are acceptable to both college and Fraternity.
Maturity and dedication is expected both of new members and established members alike.
Maturity is more than simply reaching a certain age. Maturity, to us, means acceptance of reality, the ability to sacrifice and set goals, consideration of others, incisive judgment, emotional balance, acceptable social skills, intellectual competence and moral rectitude.
Dedication means putting those characteristics of maturity into a lifelong program of action to advance the interests, goals and purposes of Kappa Alpha Psi. We expect our members to be dedicated.
But do not let personal goals supersede those of the Fraternity. A person who feels he would do the Fraternity a favor by joining is not worthy of membership. One who holds himself superior to the brotherhood of Kappa Alpha Psi is not worthy of this distinction.
Kappa Alpha Psi is not interested in the simple accumulation of members and chapters. Our emphasis, however, is in the quality and integrity of its membership. Membership quality manifests itself through an intangible element of brotherhood we call "that Good Old Kappa Spirit."
Acceptable qualities of Kappa Alpha Psi members include:
Interested In Becoming A Member Of Kappa Alpha Psi?
- The disposition to live in close companionship with men of similar values
- The wisdom to abide by the will of the majority without sacrificing individuality
- The discretion to refrain from destructive criticism while seeking to remove the causes of such criticism
- The acceptance of responsibility for any effort that moves the group forward
- The desire to strive for, and ultimately achieve, excellence in everything you do
- The commitment to train for leadership
- The resolution to give lifelong financial support and commitment to the maintenance and development of the Fraternity's programs and purposes
If you are interested in becoming a member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity through the Charlotte (NC) Alumni Chapter, please send a request for more information to our membership intake committee.